Friday, August 10, 2007

Happy birthday, Singaporeans!!

Was looking forward to this year TV telecast of NDP. The anticipation was created from the disappointment that i couldnt get tickets to watch NDP live in even any of the previews and also of the new venue.
But alas. i fall asleep for the 1st half of the parade. For the 2nd half of the parade, i was engrossed with my dinner. I only remembered watching Kit Chan and the fireworks. And that was the only times that i remembered my whole family gathering in front of the tv.
I'm not sure if the change in venue had dampen my spirits for this year's NDP. The venue which is much smaller makes the parade lost the majestic and 'Singaporean' touch that had always overwhelmed me when i attend the parade in our National stadium or Padang. Though Padang is also a smaller venue, the feeling was still there.
This year's parade seems like an over-the-top display of Sentosa's musical fountain. Even the fireworks doesnt seems to be lighting up the sky.
We even caught bored students who perform with pure sian-ness. It was the funniest part of the evening.
Nevertheless, the lightings still amaze me. Other than this, i'm sorry to say that despite the huge amount of efforts, its a huge disappointment.
I believe that if changes are made to the NDP program, lesser ppl will be travelling out during this long hols break. Instead of always having the parachuters, followed by march-in, costumed kids forming images, singing of the theme song and finally fireworks, there could be more ignition of creativity into the program. I sooo can memorise the program flow.
Let's show that Singapore can be creative too!!
But no matter wat, I still heart this little red dot, my home...and NDP serve the purpose of reminding me of this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey!! Was the parade really that bad??? I thought this year's parade seems more interesting... @ least not those usual stuff! I managed to watch only various parts of the parade... & I think its pretty ok!! hahaha