Sunday, May 23, 2010

THANK YOU, Dr Goh Keng Swee.

I regret not knowing you, your contributions to our nation, my HOME before your demise.

I teared reading the tribute to you on last saturday morning, out of sadness, admiration and boundless thankfulness. Thinking to myself, what a great man you were, your foresight, intelligence and determination were what had built our home. You retired before I was born, the years that you put in your ALL were problematic and difficult, I know, though I wasn't there. I can imagine the efforts you had put in wholeheartedly, it wasnt easy, you must had sacrificed certain parts of your life. Thank you.

The younger generation, my brothers and cousins in their teens may not understand how important you were, but i DO and i'm sure many out there as well and our younger generation will come to realise as they matures, reading more about you.

I hope that you will be included in the history books for our future generations to get to know you, and your massive contributions, making them understand how Singapore, our home, will not be what it's like without YOU. AND, of course to encourage their belonging to Singapore, just like your LOVE for the nation and the people, US.

Thank you, Dr Goh, ~ rest in peace ~

No comments: